Ah, it's that time of the year again! The Christmas rush. Every year, millions of presents are bought and wrapped, most of them in a paper that cannot be recycled. Many of these presents sadly end up in landfills as unwanted, not used even once.
Due to the covid-19 pandemic many of us will have more time to stay at home and plan presents for our loved-ones. So let's take this opportunity of a slower life and think about how we can surprise our friends and family without leaving heaps of waste behind.
Here are some ideas for Christmas presents that will definitely be used and loved:
1. Reusable makeup pads. These will be loved by your sister, mom or a friend since most women use cotton pads for makeup removal or to apply a toner. Many people start their low waste journey with a product like this asit is so easy to switch! These makeup pads can be great as a stocking filler too!
2. Reusable nail varnish remover pads. Do you have a friend who is crazy about nail art? They will certainly love these natural varnish remover wipes! Made of bamboo, rayon and felt these pads have a slightly rough texture which will make the removal of varnish easier than with regular cotton pads.
3. Bamboo straws. They make great stocking fillers and will be loved by anyone, especially families with small kids.
4. Beautiful bowl covers. Anyone who loves cooking will like these bowl covers. Not only do they keep food fresh and covered but they can also be a stylish addition to any kitchen.
5. Safety razor. Metal safety razors are back in fashion! Not only are they good for the environment, but, unlike disposable ones, they don't leave your skin irritated. One razor will last decades and can even be passed down the generations!